Wednesday, July 10, 2013

A Thousand+ Words

They say a picture is worth 1,000 words. I couldn't write all that has happened, so for those of you visual learners I would like to share a few snapshots of the first 1/2 of my time here in Peru.
(Woah, I can't believe it's already been one month!)


 Holding the wonderful meal Gerina prepared.
Above: Gerina's Caribbean meal she prepared for the family.
Left: Myself and my language teacher, Alfredo.

 Megan, Neil, and Gerina preparing for the library program. The library program is a large part of the mission work here.










 In the Colca Canyon, soon after reaching one of the rest stops. You may not be able to tell, but I am very happy!
Rest stop along the trek.

 Skinny trail, Jean (our guide) and Gerina following behind.
 For those of you who know how much I love dogs, this one is my favorite in the world currently speaking. His name is Toto...we're definitely NOT in Kansas anymore.
 The bottom of the Colca Canyon. So beautiful!
 One of many statues in a historical Colca Village.
 First sights of the Colca.
 The window to the Colca Canyon.
 Alpaca herd.
 Coca Tea...it helps with the altitude...made of cocaine leaves.
 Myself and my Peruvian host mom, Adela.
Girls Karaoke Night / Piajama
 El Misti in the morning.
 Rooftop view from my Peruvian host family home.
 The meal I prepared for the missionary family: chicken&dumplins, black-eyed peas, and cornbread.
My "little sisters" playing the animal game with me...I think this one is a flamingo.
Anticipating our grand adventure of the Colca Canyon...everything included. "Don't worry, be happy."
Peruvian snack: chocolate covered saltine crackers!














Well, the pictures are out of order. Wish you could be here to see more, but this should do for now.
A large group of college students from Harding University arrived to Arequipa a couple nights ago. They will be sharing in our time here for the next two weeks. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment